Trail Escape Contest
You could win great prizes from the Edmonton Nature Centres Foundation (ENCF)! Submit your photo to ENCF’s Trail Escape Photo Contest to enter. The contest will open 12:00 a.m. M.S.T. on June 1, 2021 and we will accept submissions until 11:59 p.m. M.S.T. on July 15, 2021. The winner will be notified by 5 p.m. M.S.T. on August 20, 2021.
To enter and be eligible to win, you must reside in the Edmonton metropolitan area – City of Edmonton, Strathcona County, Sturgeon County, Parkland County and Leduc County, of the age of majority in the province of Alberta (or if a minor, have permission of a parent or guardian before participating), and not an employee of, a member of the immediate family of, or domiciled with an employee of any division of the Edmonton Nature Centres Foundation. No purchase is necessary. Up to three entries per person are permitted.
See prizes here
In order to win, the selected entrant must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical, skill-testing question administered by telephone, email or mail.
The winner will be contacted by the Edmonton Nature Centres Foundation to make arrangements for the awarding of their prize.
The prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable or extendible, nor can it be redeemed for cash or combined with any other promotion. By entering, each winner agrees that their name and address may be used for further contact by the Edmonton Nature Centres Foundation.
The odds of being selected will depend on the total number of eligible entries received. All entries become the property of the Edmonton Nature Centres Foundation, which assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed or misdirected entries. Entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of the contest organizers, which are final.
This contest complies with all federal and provincial laws. The contest is void where prohibited.
FULL CONTEST RULES
1. All entries must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. M.S.T. on July 15, 2021.
2. By participating in this contest, participants agree to abide by the criteria and conditions detailed in the contest rules.
3. Photo content must feature a local plant or animal species, habitat or climate change/sustainability-related issue. Photos containing a person or people are not permitted.
4. Eligible submissions will be reviewed by the ENCF Selection Committee, with the top ten submissions short-listed by July 29, 2021. These top ten submissions will be posted to the ENCF website for public voting between August 1 to 15, 2021. Prizes will be awarded to the submissions receiving the most public votes. A total of five prize packages will be awarded. The grand prize will be awarded to the submission receiving the highest number of public votes. The ENCF Selection Committee reserves the right to assign the final list of prize winners.
Before prizes are awarded, each winner will also be required to sign a statement of compliance with the contest regulations and a waiver releasing the ENCF, its sponsors, advertising and promotional agencies, and prize suppliers, of any responsibility stemming from the contest and the prize awarded as part of the contest. If the participant fails to comply with the contest regulations and fails to return the duly signed statement of compliance to the contest organizers within fifteen (15) days following the mailing date of the statement of compliance, the participant will be automatically disqualified, and another winner will be selected at random.
7. If for any reason the Internet component of the contest does not work as planned, in particular because of a computer virus, bug, sabotage, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical defects or any other reason beyond the control of the ENCF, and corrupts or affects the administration, security, impartiality, integrity, or proper conduct of this contest, the ENCF reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any person who sabotages the participation process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. Photos submitted to ENCF’s photo contests become property of the Edmonton Nature Centres Foundation and are available to be used for any of our promotional materials. The ENCF does not assume responsibility for errors, omissions, interruptions, suppressions, defects, operation or transmission delays, breakdowns in communication links or their unauthorized access or modification. The ENCF is not responsible for technical problems or defects of any network or telephone line, online computer system, server or supplier, hardware or software, or the impossibility for the ENCF to receive e-mail due to technical problems or any Internet or Web site congestion, or both, including any damage to the participant’s computer or that of any other person linked to the participation or to the downloading of any information relating to or stemming from this contest. In case of a dispute, participation by entry form via the Internet will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of participation. The authorized account holder refers to the person who has been given an e-mail address by an Internet provider, an online services supplier or another organization (e.g., a company, educational establishment) responsible for allocating e-mail addresses in the domain of the submitted e-mail address. In case of a dispute, the potential winner may be required to provide proof to the ENCF that he/she is the authorized account holder of an e-mail address associated with the potentially winning entry form.
8. Copyright – All photographs submitted must be the original and unaltered work of the individual submitting them. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any photographs he or she submits has been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe on the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants warrant that the photographs they are submitting are their own work. Copyright in all photographs submitted for this Contest remain with the respective entrants.
9. Usage and Sale of Entered Materials- Subject to the following terms, copyright in all photographs submitted for this Contest remains with the respective entrants. However, by entering the Contest each entrant expressly grants (or warrants that the owner of such materials expressly grants) the Edmonton Nature Centres Foundation a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual license to use, feature, publish, reprint, reproduce, and/or display any or all of the submitted photographs in any of its publications, its websites, and/or in any promotional or exhibition material connected to this Contest or other future uses as ENCF determines. Each entrant also permits ENCF to use his or her name in connection with his or her photograph.