Some of the things you can see on this walk:
- Across from Louise McKinney Park at Rafter’s Landing is the Edmonton Queen riverboat, which is the site of concerts, social events and short tours during the summer.
- Enjoy the wide stretch of riparian (riverbank) area on your left and homes on your right.
- A little park area on 96 Avenue has benches and a “Mother Earth” stone sculpture by Stewart Steinhauer.
- At the north end of the Walterdale Bridge: a large First Nations display with many informative signs and photographs relating to the traditional Burial Ground and Fort Edmonton Cemetery.
- The metal memorial teepee on Rossdale Road dedicated to the people of Alberta to commemorate Alberta’s 100th anniversary in 2005. Note the list of the names of many of the Aboriginal, Metis, French and Scottish people from the early 1880s who may have been buried at this grave site.
- Watch the space beside Rossdale Community Centre and Little Flower School for changing displays of wonderful sculptures by Stewart Steinhauer.